Recognized as the best among all mechanical engineering programs in Korea by the Korean Council for University Education, KUME continues to pursue its goal to be a world-class research-oriented university. Leading the path of the best education and actualizing its dream to enter the global stage, KUME provides a global standard engineering education through ABEEK accreditation and PACE education.
- KU 21awarded the best university for 10 consecutive years in overall university educationIn the “2005 University General Assessment” performed by the Korean Council for University Education (KCUE), a national advisory body for universities with 4-year degree programs, KU was placed first among all the universities assessed.
- 1st in the Degree of Advancement in Society and Reputation as evaluated by the JoongAng Daily newspaper Selected as the best for leadership and teamwork of the graduates, the most employable graduates and the most desired university to donate funds to.
- 1st among private universities as evaluated by the JoongAng Daily newspaper Raked highest in global perspective, degree of advancement in society and reputation.
- Selected for the PACE (Partners for Advancement of Collaborative Engineering Education) program supported by GM and HP, and provided with up-to-date software and hardware worth US$170 million.
Since Sept 2006
- ICEE (Innovation Center for Engineering) established in 2007.
- Approved by ABEEK (Accreditation of Accreditation Board for Engineering Education of Korea) under ABET international inspection in 2006.
Korea Feb 2005
- Selected as one of the Brain Korea 21 research groups by the Korean Ministry of Education.
- Includes Hana Square, Innovation Hall with state-of-the-art facilities
- KUME, the 1st mechanical engineering program in Ranked 1st in both undergraduate & graduate mechanical engineering programs in Korea by the Korean Council for University Education.